calligraphy
::: today's japanese calligraphy lesson with my language partner flew by...watching her perform the brush movements and character sequences with such fluidity and freedom gave me the initial impression that calligraphy was a breeze...i was wrong...it was really hard...you become your own worst enemy, which, according to her, is the point of japanese calligraphy...through the brush strokes and sequence, you come to master your own frustrations and find inner freedom...not sure if i experienced that, but it sure was fun...
...for what it's worth, among the dozens of crumbled up balls of paper, she found two with which she was "happy," calling them my best efforts ("sugoku genki"), the two below...
...on the left, the character for spring (haru)...on the right, the character for cherry blossom (o-hanami)
...for what it's worth, among the dozens of crumbled up balls of paper, she found two with which she was "happy," calling them my best efforts ("sugoku genki"), the two below...
...on the left, the character for spring (haru)...on the right, the character for cherry blossom (o-hanami)

3 Comments:
bobby, your hair is nicer than the cherry blossoms. I'm envious.
wow, genki desu neeeeeeee..... :) jeana
Hi~!!! it's Esther Lee.. from Inland church
FINALLY, I've come to you guys' blog.. sorry that I came so late
I hope the ministry is going well .. =) I'll keep you guys in prayer =)
Post a Comment
<< Home