Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tigers

.
.
::: Last week I went to a Hanshin Tigers baseball game with Yoko, Megumi and a dozen other church members. This is an annual outing. This year, instead of attending the Tigers-Giants (Yomiuri) game, the equivalent of which in the US would be a Yankees-Red Sox game in late fall with playoff implications, The Tigers beat the Sendai Rakuten by four runs.
.
.
...
.
.
Sorry the picture is blurry: it was taken by a drunk man, one of many at the ballgame. Tigers fans have a notorious reputation for drunken, obnoxious behavior. Some kind of trance is placed on the unassuming, quiet fans walking into the stadium. To get a sense of the rabid energy of Tigers fans, imagine the most spirited seventh-inning stretch. That's how it was like EVERY inning throughout the ENTIRE game. Each Tiger player has a chant, sung passionately by fans during that player's at-bat. I don't know who works harder during the game: the players or the fans.
.
.
...

.
.
I liked the Akahoshi ramen. Akahoshi is a star player for the Tigers. His name means "red star". In his ramen, a couple star-shaped radishes float in the soup.
.
.
...
.
.
...
.
.
...
.
.
:::
.
.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you Ryus!!!
This post has inspired me! I'm going to go and make some noodle. It won't be as good as this ramen, but it will due.
Blessings to you my dear friends!

Kari

August 12, 2007 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home