bulletin
.
.
::: earlier this spring, i was reading a few messages posted on the "language exchange" bulletin board at kobe's international community center...one message caught my attention...the person offered to teach japanese and korean in exchange for learning english...
.
::: earlier this spring, i was reading a few messages posted on the "language exchange" bulletin board at kobe's international community center...one message caught my attention...the person offered to teach japanese and korean in exchange for learning english...
.
...i'm glad i acted on that bulletin...this person -- yoon -- has become a close friend to us and our church family...through these relationships, yoon and his wife have become christians...
.
...today was yoon's baptism service...there was not a dry eye among our church members...
.
...
.
...sharing his testimony...
.
...
.
.
...our church family...
.
...

.
...from bulletin to baptism: God's ways are marvelous...
.
:::
.

5 Comments:
God is truly marvelous! it is such a blessing to read about how He is moving through you and your church. always know that we have you in our prayers. we love you guys...and we miss you so much!
hard to keep dry eyes while reading as well!
awesome!
woohoo!!! ptl!! =D
I've been trying to email you at bcryu@asianaccess.org , but it keeps on getting bounced so I'll post it here. This isn't really appropriate for this post, so you should probably delete this after you read it. I just wanted to say thank you. :) Joe
----------------------------------------
Bobby, Claire,
Greetings! My name's Joe and I commented once on your blog a while back. Since I have gained so much useful information and have lived vicariously through some of your experiences in Japan via your blog, I just wanted to say thank you. My wife Juliet and I have spent much time pouring over your wonderful pictures and encouraging stories of God's faithfulness in your ministry in Japan.
It turns out we have several connections already.
Juliet and I recently have committed to serving in
Japan as missionaries with MTW, and we are going
currently going through the candidating process. I'm an old colleague of Michael Oh from Trinity, and the Lord convinced us to serve together in Japan at Christ Bible Seminary. I mentioned your blog to him once, and he said you guys know one another. Like Michael, I'm a pastor studying for my Ph.D. so I can serve in a missions context. We live in Arizona now, after having spent the last 5 years in Orange County and Lord willing we'll leave after I finish my studies in 2008. I've been referring your blog to some former students who I'm trying to recruit to come to Japan, and one of them knows you guys from Gordon: her name is Dinah. I
was the officiant at her and her husband John's
wedding. She says hello btw, and said you guys were such an awesome couple in the Lord.
I'll be in Japan sometime next summer when Michael and Pearl are back from their furlough, so hopefully you guys will be there so we can connect. Anyways, this email is just to express my gratitude for your ministry and blog. You have encouraged us much through the web. I will be praying for your ministry in Japan.
Warmly in Christ, Joe
josephSkim@yahoo.com
http://www.jumbobody.com/blog
Post a Comment
<< Home