Monday, September 22, 2008

Living Biographies

. .
What's your favorite book genre? Mine (Claire) is biographies - particularly of missionaries. My friend and A2 colleague Sue has some great recommendations in this area.
. .
I just finished a biography, which Sue gave me, on Henrietta Mears. I am soo not a cry-er, but the stories of these amazing yet humble giants continue to tearfully inspire me.
. .
Not only do I enjoy biographies of those who have gone before, but I also love the living bios of everyday faithful followers of Jesus.
. .
Last year when Bobby and I attended a joint worship service with our three church network, I heard the testimony of M (pictured below R) who had just recently put her faith in Christ and was baptized. Although I couldn't fully understand her testimony given in Japanese, the Spirit warmed and encouraged my heart as I could sense her passion and deep love for the Lord.
. .
Recently, Bobby and I had M and N (pictured below L) over for dinner. N worked at the same school with M and shared her faith and led her to Christ and has since been discipling and meeting with her.
. .
M excitedly shared that on that day she got to pray with one of the very difficult students in her class. It was a bit of a risk to take, but she was all aglow about how God has given her that chance and she had such joy in taking it. Something so simple yet oozing with passion and joy.
. .
Meeting with these ladies was good for my soul. It's easy to get bogged down and discouraged by numbers (1%) but hanging with these living biographies of passion and faithfulness gave me great hope for all that God is doing here.
. . ...
. .
:::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home